Sunday, August 1, 2010

Planning our apartment.

I have a new goal: have a beautifully furnished apartment by the end of the year. That might not seem like an aggressive goal for the average person, but it is for me (I have many other goals that share this due date).

I am very jealous (good jealous, if there is such a thing) of all my friends who have beautifully arranged living spaces. I have to admit - I don't know how they do it. Everybody seem to be as busy as I am, yet I don't seem to find time to browse for 'perfect' furniture pieces as they do, and let alone keeping everything clean and organized.

Earlier today I paid my hairdresser a well overdue visit. This guy works everyday except Mondays (when he seldom works from home) from around 10am until around 8:30-9:00pm, yet surprisingly (to me) he finds time to have an apartment decorated so thoughtfully as to be one of the coziest places I have in a long time. He is a 30 year single male, Ladies.

Anyway, although, I have yet to define the style I'd like for my home ('home' came way before I every planned it to), I am already looking at design blogs, magazines, tv shows, etc. I am going to look everywhere until I get the 'right' inspiration. I think, however, that I should start by speaking with Charles about what approach he'd like (me, us) to take; at the end of the day this is our home we are talking about here. First things first, though. we will have to agree on style and everything else will flow. flow, flow, flow...

No comments: